So I thought I would start this page with some positive beautiful pictures of our lady gardens, as a symbol that its not all doom and gloom ladies. There is hope, there is education and there is a kick ass community of other women who have your back.
I’ve had a long old journey with endometriosis & Adenomyosis over the years (17 years). Although there’s no cure (yet ladies), a plant based diet and yoga is what saved me and made me able to live a life free from strong pain killers (I was on morpheme for a year! a whole fricken year!). Now I still have my bad days no matter how many downward dogs I do, and epsom salt bath and my heat pad are all I can bring myself to do (praise the lord for PJs!). My aim via The Wellbeing Warrior and the Endo Warrior Box is to share my story, latest endo and adeno research (education is key!) and deliver you a beautiful box of healing, wellbeing and self love goodies to your door every month to help you on those bad days and let you know your not alone.
What is Endometriosis & Adenomyosis?
Endometriosis is a disorder where the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows on the outside and sometimes inside the wall of the uterus (aka Adenomyosis). It usually involves the ovaries, bowel, pouch of Douglas, bladder, tubes, or the tissue lining your pelvis, though sometimes it can spread beyond the pelvic region. During your menstrual cycle, this displaced tissue thickens, breaks down, and bleeds. Because this tissue has no way to exit the body, it becomes trapped. This can lead to cyst formation, adhesions, and pain.
What are the symptoms?
- Very painful periods (pelvic pain, cramping, lower back and abdominal pain)
- Pain during or after sex
- Blood clotting
- Painful bowel movements or urination
- Excessive bleeding
- Infertility (though many women can still have children)
- Chronic fatigue and chronic pain
- Diarrhoea and constipation/IBS
- Bloating aka endo belly!
- Lower back pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urinary frequency, retention, or urgency
- Allergies and other immune-related issues are also commonly reported
What do I do next?
My biggest advice for you where ever you are based in the world is to watch the docu-film ‘Endo What’ it literally changed my life. I have watched it now 4 times, every time I cry, take notes, pause to take it all in, and invite my fellow endo sisters round so they can take it all in as well. You will feel educated, empowered, sad, acknowledged, mad and then go through it all over again! Click this link to watch the full film.
- The Doctor Will See You Know by Tamer Seckin
- One Part Plat by Jessica Murnane
- A Life Change That Save My Uterus by Lenny
- A Roadmap To Bettering Your Relationship With Endometriosis by Feed Me Phoebe
- Balancing Hormones + Managing Endometriosis by Mind Body Green
- Woman Says Healthy Diet Alleviated Her Endometriosis Symptoms by People Magazine
- Endometriosis, Friendship, and Creativity by Katie Dalebout
You can also sign up to my Endo Warriors Newsletter (see link below) I will be sending out latest info, updates, stories and latest updates on my new Endo Warrior Supplies products and gift boxs. I also have a facebook page where there is a wonderful group of women, head over to facebook and search for Endo Warriors Supplies page, I cant wait to see you there x
Much love Endo Warriors Bridie x
The selected Optin Cat form doesn't exist.